An acid derived from glucose, occurring naturally as a constituent of hyaluronic acid and other glycosaminoglycans.
- A uronic acid; chemical formula: HOOC(CHOH)4CHO
More example sentences
- HA is a naturally occurring, linear polysaccharide with repeating disaccharide units composed of glucuronic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine.
- In hepatocytes, UDP glucuronyl transferase adds 2 equivalents of glucuronic acid to bilirubin to produce the more water soluble, bilirubin diglucuronide derivative.
- It is well-known that the active compound of licorice is glycyrrhizin, a conjugation of two molecules of glucuronic acid and glycyrrhetic acid.
More definitions of glucuronic acidDefinition of glucuronic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary