Definition of glutamate in English:
1A salt or ester of glutamic acid.
- Of all the 90 ionizable residues located along the ion-conducting pathway, 52 residues are lysines and arginines and 38 residues are aspartate and glutamates.
- The largest contributions to the ligand-receptor energy are provided by aspartates and glutamates in the selectivity filter and carboxyl residues in the outer ring.
- Mutations of aspartates and glutamates were done by substitution of the carboxyl group by the amide group.
1.1Glutamic acid, its salts, or its anion.
- Its synthesis is dependent on the supply of its constituent amino acids cysteine, glutamate, and glycine.
- Monosodium glutamate is the salt of glutamate, an amino acid found naturally in protein-containing foods such as meat, vegetables, and milk.
- The cationic component of the hemolymph is frequently replaced by potassium and free amino acids such as glutamate, proline, lysine and glycine.
Definition of glutamate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India