Definition of gluttonous in English:
Excessively greedy: a gluttonous, cigar-smoking capitalist
More example sentences
- If you become less gluttonous, less greedy, less myopic, more savvy about the world in general, they don't win; you win.
- If you're as gluttonous as we were, you should expect to pay $20 or so per person (including a complementary bowl of chips and homemade salsa), but you can also eat for much less.
- In the process, their brand of conservatism is beginning to look like a gluttonous attempt to funnel billions of dollars into the bank accounts of their friends and supporters.
- Example sentences
- Since the 1930s, serialized comics have appeared in phone-book-thick magazine compilations and hundred-page paperbacks, gluttonously consumed.
- The way we eat in North America is gluttonously ugly.
- We gluttonously overordered the grilled and marinated meats, even retracing our steps for seconds.