Definition of glycine in English:
The simplest naturally occurring amino acid. It is a constituent of most proteins.
- Chemical formula: H2NCH2COOH
- Also, a combination of the amino acids glycine, alanine and glutamic acid can relieve symptoms of prostatitis.
- These are the proteins cysteine, glycine, glutamic acid and the antioxidant metal selenium.
- All of these silks are composed of protein chains in which the amino acids glycine, alanine, and serine dominate.
Mid 19th century: from Greek glukus 'sweet' + -ine4.
Words that rhyme with glycineepicene • pyroxene
Definition of glycine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.