- 1The scientific study of carbohydrates and their role in biology.More example sentences
- Reflecting the desire of the scientific community to push glycobiology forward, the National Institute of General Medical Sciences last fall committed $34 million over 5 years to certain areas of carbohydrate research.
- The institution is engaged in the research of reproductive and reception biochemistry, protein and bioorganic chemistry, glycobiology, gene regulation, structural biology, and molecular biophysics.
- From its early days of analysing glycoproteins, Oxford GlycoSciences has matured into a respected drug discovery and development company using its expertise in proteomics, glycobiology and glycochemistry.
- 1.1Glycobiology limited to the study of sugars.More example sentences
- As erythropoietin and heparin attest, the study of sugars, a field known as glycobiology, can be big business.