- 1 short for ethylene glycol.More example sentences
- A glycol is an aliphatic organic compound in which two hydroxyl groups are present.
- Alexander Mikhailovich Butlerov had hydrolyzed methylene acetate while trying to form methyl glycol and produced formaldehyde gas.
- Simulant rockets containing water or ethyl glycol instead of chemical agent were used to train soldiers on the proper handling and firing of the M55.
- 1.1 Chemistry another term for diol.More example sentences
- Aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, ethers, glycols and higher alcohols are not corrosive to magnesium and its alloys.
- Vapor diffusion systems involving solutions with high concentrations of high molecular weight polyethylene glycols and low ionic strengths are very sensitive to drop volume and take a longer time to equilibrate.
- Aliphatic dihydric alcohols are known as glycols.
More definitions of glycolDefinition of glycol in:
- The British & World English dictionary