- Any of a class of proteins that have carbohydrate groups attached to the polypeptide chain. Also called glycopeptide.More example sentences
- Accordingly, the shape and charge contributed by the carbohydrate side chains of a glycoprotein can affect the protein's mobility on a gel.
- Proteins covalently associated with carbohydrates are termed glycoproteins.
- Other proteins and glycoproteins such as elastin and fibronectin are also present but have not been well characterised.
More definitions of glycoproteinDefinition of glycoprotein in:
- The British & World English dictionary