Definition of gnatcatcher in English:
A tiny gray-backed New World songbird, with a long tail that is often cocked.
- Genus Polioptila, family Polioptilidae (or Sylviidae): several species
- Titmice, chickadees, gnatcatchers, grackles, and swifts came and went.
- A rainbow of darts shoots through the limbs - a capeful of purple finch, three blue-gray gnatcatchers, a pair of cedar waxwings, and countless ruby-crowned kinglets.
- Hence, the quail and the gnatcatcher might both be relatively recent arrivals in the north.
Definition of gnatcatcher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.