Persistently worrying or distressing: that gnawing pain in her stomach gnawing doubts
More example sentences
- The self-hatred grew into a constant, gnawing pain.
- Here was a little piece of miserable, gnawing confirmation.
- I suspect both sides have enlisted troops to satisfy gnawing uncertainties.
- More example sentences
- A truly abusive home life is one of grinding cruddiness where the threat of violence is more gnawingly powerful than the beatings themselves.
- Here one feels only abandonment and the gnawingly desperate hope that it will not always be so empty.
- To play it was mesmerizing in what I felt to be a gnawingly unpleasant way, like taking time and just flushing it down the toilet.