Definition of goat-antelope in English:
A ruminant mammal of a group that combines the characteristics of both goats and antelopes.
- Subfamily Caprinae, family Bovidae: tribes Rupicaprini (the chamois, goral, serow, and mountain goat) and Ovibonini (the musk ox and takin)
- Taxonomists finally determined that the musk-ox's closest relative is the golden takin, a goat-antelope of the mountainous regions of southeastern Tibet, northern Burma and western China.
- The Aoudad, also known as the Barbary Sheep, is a goat-antelope found in the rocky mountains of North Africa.
- The Markhor is a goat-antelope found in sparse woodland in the Western Himalayas.
Definition of goat-antelope in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.