Definition of gold beetle in English:
A leaf beetle with metallic gold coloration.
- Several species in the family Chrysomelidae, in particular Metriona bicolor
- They are sometimes called gold beetles because of the metallic sheen produced by their carapace.
- Relatives of the tropical gold beetles, such as the green and silver-striped scarab known as Plusiotis gloriosa, are found here in North America.
- A couple of those Rivenese gold beetles ought to tell for sure.
Definition of gold beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.