Definition of golden plover in English:
A northern Eurasian and North American plover, with a gold-speckled back and black face and underparts in the breeding season.
- Genus Pluvialis, family Charadriidae: three species, in particular P. apricaria of Europe and P. dominica of Canada
- One bright aspect is new research showing that heather moorland managed for shooting is a haven for other wildlife and rare upland birds, such as black grouse, golden plovers, curlew and lapwing.
- It is the home of the lapwing, curlew, golden plover, dunlin and red grouse.
- They include pine marten, wildcat, stoat and weasel as well as golden eagles, merlin, peregrine falcon, golden plover and in time black grouse and capercaillie.
Definition of golden plover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan