Definition of goldenrod in English:
A plant of the daisy family that bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
- Genus Solidago, family Compositae: numerous species, including tall goldenrod (S. altissima) with plumelike flower clusters, downy goldenrod (S. puberula) with erect, wandlike flower clusters, and lance-leaved goldenrod (S. graminifolia) with flat-topped flower clusters
- Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.
- Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
Definition of goldenrod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.