Definition of goldenrod in English:
A plant of the daisy family that bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
- Genus Solidago, family Compositae: numerous species, including tall goldenrod (S. altissima) with plumelike flower clusters, downy goldenrod (S. puberula) with erect, wandlike flower clusters, and lance-leaved goldenrod (S. graminifolia) with flat-topped flower clusters
- Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.
- Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
Words that rhyme with goldenrodNovgorod • slipshod
Definition of goldenrod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan