Definition of goldenseal in English:
A North American woodland plant of the buttercup family, with a bright yellow root that is used in herbal medicine.
- Hydrastis canadensis, family Ranunculaceae
- These products often include comfrey, chickweed, echinacea, calendula, goldenseal, plantain, essential oils, and a host of other herbs in a base of olive oil and beeswax.
- The most commonly used herbs are echinacea, St. John's wort, ginkgo biloba, garlic, saw palmetto, ginseng, goldenseal, aloe, Siberian ginseng and valerian.
- The clay dries up pore-clogging oil, and the goldenseal and tea tree oil kill the bacteria that cause infection.
Definition of goldenseal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.