Definition of goldenseal in English:
A North American woodland plant of the buttercup family, with a bright yellow root that is used in herbal medicine.
- Hydrastis canadensis, family Ranunculaceae
- These products often include comfrey, chickweed, echinacea, calendula, goldenseal, plantain, essential oils, and a host of other herbs in a base of olive oil and beeswax.
- The most commonly used herbs are echinacea, St. John's wort, ginkgo biloba, garlic, saw palmetto, ginseng, goldenseal, aloe, Siberian ginseng and valerian.
- The clay dries up pore-clogging oil, and the goldenseal and tea tree oil kill the bacteria that cause infection.
Definition of goldenseal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India