Definition of goliath beetle in English:
A very large, boldly marked tropical beetle related to the chafers, the male of which has a forked horn on the head.
- Genus Goliathus, family Scarabaeidae: several species, in particular G. giganteus of Africa, which is the largest known beetle
- Of all the insects discovered so far, the goliath beetle is the world's record holder for size.
- There may be others out there, lurking in the jungle, that are even bigger than the goliath beetle.
- Scarab beetles like the goliath beetle help to recycle ‘used material’ and keep the earth a clean place to live.
Definition of goliath beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan