- A soft doll with bright clothes, a black face, and fuzzy hair.More example sentences
- He had a golliwog, and a golliwog is an English doll, and he probably left it on my bed.
- A golliwog was the name given to a small black faced rag doll which first appeared in a series of children's books written and illustrated by Florence and Bertha Upton around 1895.
- The golliwog first appeared more than 100 years ago in a children's book by Florence Kate Upton and was later adopted by jam maker James Robertson & Sons as a trademark in 1910.
More definitions of golliwogDefinition of golliwog in:
- The British & World English dictionary