Search for information about (someone or something) on the Internet using the search engine Google: I recently googled my 7th grade teacher and found his current email address [no object]: she spent the afternoon googling aimlessly
More example sentences
- You were the crush I've never forgotten and since the Internet has arrived, I've even googled your name Tim, but where would I begin.
- And this is the kind of thing I don't need coming up under my full name when I'm googled.
- You've probably also heard me talk about how much I wanted to find him - how long I've been searching, googling him all the time and never finding anything.
googleable (also googlable) adjective
- Example sentences
- I guess I am always aware that what I write here is easily googleable.
- I don't mind if the archives are googleable to the outside world.
- I'm a kid and don't want everything to be permanently googleable.
1990s: from Google, the proprietary name of the search engine.
Words that rhyme with googlebugle, frugal, fugal
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of google in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.