- 1A silly, foolish, or eccentric person.More example sentences
- I enjoyed these comparisons, and chuckled heartily at the thought of all the pasty faced goons queuing for minging breakfast rolls along the M50.
- A CD disc changer has replaced the DJ tonight and the local musicians who made up a large part of the clientele have been replaced by college goons slurping up their student loans.
- We got her all established, then sat around for at least forty-five minutes like the goons we are, grinning and commenting on her every action.
- 2chiefly North American A bully or thug, especially one hired to terrorize or do away with opposition: a squad of goons waving pistolsMore example sentences
- A network built upon trust and cooperation comes crashing down when thugs and goons roll through the neighborhood.
- Mobbed wherever she goes and forced to travel everywhere with a squad of security goons, on one occasion the California Highway Patrol had to close an entire section of freeway to let her car escape pursuing fans.
- When we mouth off or botch it, they see us as the Dalton Boys, bullying goons who never learn.
mid 19th century: perhaps from dialect gooney 'booby'; influenced by the subhuman cartoon character 'Alice the Goon', created by E. C. Segar (1894–1938), American cartoonist.
More definitions of goonDefinition of goon in:
- The British & World English dictionary