Definition of goosefish in English:
noun (plural same or goosefishes)North American
A bottom-dwelling anglerfish. Also called monkfish.
- Family Lophiidae: several species, in particular Lophius americanus of North American waters
- A curious and unwary fish would become a meal when the goosefish inhaled and quickly engulfed its prey.
- Since the goosefish is found very deep in the ocean it is a cold water fish.
- In addition to being squat and rather ugly looking, goosefishes have a ‘fishing lure’ on top of their head.
Definition of goosefish in:
- British & World English dictionary