Definition of goral in English:
A long-haired goat-antelope with backward curving horns, found in mountainous regions of eastern Asia.
- Genus Nemorhaedus, family Bovidae: two species
- Along the way you may even sight the Himalayan red panda, musk deer, leopards, black bear, goral and tahr in the national park.
- Pam Groves of the University of Alaska-Fairbanks has shown that the closest relative is actually the goral.
- My 40th birthday was celebrated in the Himalayas, where I took valuable pictures of the red goral, one of the world's most endangered animals.
mid 19th century: a local word in the Himalayas.
Definition of goral in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan