- The basic monetary unit of Haiti, equal to 100 centimes.More example sentences
- As we're leaving he asks for 500 gourdes.
- Conditions for the masses continue to deteriorate, with the value of the national currency, the gourde, falling from 15 to the dollar in 1996 to 24 to the dollar today.
- First, the warehousemen's union was recently informed that a job that normally pays 10,000 gourdes would henceforth pay 2,000 gourdes.
the Franco-American name for a dollar.
More definitions of gourdeDefinition of gourde in:
- The British & World English dictionary