- I realise I'm doing what gourmands never do - reveal their favourite restaurants for fear of overpopulising, however…
- Like airline food, university cafeterias rarely have a strong and loyal following among the discerning gourmands they serve.
- For gourmands, there is a choice of four restaurants, including two speciality restaurants - Signatures and Latitudes.
- The food is the best I've had in an institution - and believe me, by the end of the summer I had become quite the hospital food gourmand.
- Another food and drink festival is now over, but gourmets and gourmands alike will already be looking forward to whetting their palates at next year's.
- I think it's okay, which just goes to show that I'm not exactly a world-class gourmand; but I like the idea that there's a better one out there, not too far away.
late Middle English: from Old French, of unknown origin.
The words gourmand and gourmet overlap in meaning but are not identical. Both mean ‘a connoisseur of good food,’ but gourmand more usually means ‘a person who enjoys eating and often overeats.’.