- 1The action or manner of governing: a more responsive system of governance will be requiredMore example sentences
- The quality of political leadership and the system of governance is key to development.
- What if there were two global systems of governance, and they weren't based on control of the landscape?
- All primary care practitioners will have to develop systems for clinical governance.
- 1.1 • archaic Sway; control: what, shall King Henry be a pupil still, under the surly Gloucester’s governance?More example sentences
- I don't think he's a very nice guy, I would not like to live under his governance.
- The Christians under his governance obeyed these decrees, edicts, and commands.
Middle English: from Old French, from governer (see govern).
More definitions of governanceDefinition of governance in:
- The British & World English dictionary