- A group of people who formulate the policy and direct the affairs of an institution in partnership with the managers, especially on a voluntary or part-time basis: the school’s governing bodyMore example sentences
- Against the wishes of both the global and the national governing bodies, the World Cup match was cancelled.
- Councillors were told headteachers and governing bodies were in direct charge over how budgets are spent.
- He is to consider his position as England captain at the end of the World Cup after losing faith in cricket's governing bodies.
More definitions of governing bodyDefinition of governing body in:
- The British & World English dictionary