- 1.1 Physics An instrument for measuring the gradient of an energy field, especially the horizontal gradient of the earth’s gravitational or magnetic field.More example sentences
- One such invention was the rotating cruciform gravity gradiometer mass detector, which measures Earth's subsurface mass variations or gravitational multipole moments.
- The gravity gradiometer that's being used this week was developed at great expense by Lockheed-Martin during the Cold War.
- A well-balanced SQUID gradiometer operating in the geomagnetic field can achieve a common mode rejection of up to 10.
More definitions of gradiometerDefinition of gradiometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary