- The point on a plant where the graft is joined to the rootstock.More example sentences
- The bulge where the parts join, called the graft union, gets planted just at or below ground level, depending on your climate.
- Suckers are vigorous canes growing from the rootstock below the graft union on grafted roses.
- Plant the graft union, the bulge where the top joins the bottom, 2 to 6 inches below the soil line in cold-winter climates, slightly above the soil level in warmer regions.
More definitions of graft unionDefinition of graft union in:
- The British & World English dictionary