Definition of grain borer in English:
A beetle that feeds on grain and rice and is a common pest of granaries and flour mills.
- Family Bostrichidae: several species, including the tropical lesser grain borer (Rhizopertha dominica), now found worldwide
- Of all the pests that feast on maize and crops like dried cassava tubers, the larger grain borer has been classified as the most dangerous.
- Meanwhile, the southern region coordinator has called on the peasant farmers to treat their crop against the larger grain borer.
- They are the ‘good guys’ because they don't feed on the grain but attack the larvae of the rusty grain beetle, lesser grain borer, and rice weevil.
Definition of grain borer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan