Definition of grand master in English:
1 (usually grandmaster) A chess player of the highest class, especially one who has won an international tournament.
- Her mother Joan, by the way, is the sister of chess grandmaster Bobby Fischer.
- Preferably, it has been written by a grandmaster or international master who actually plays the line in question.
- He hopes Russian grandmaster and former world chess champion Gary Kasparov will give guest lectures.
2 (Grand Master) The head of an order of chivalry or of Freemasons.
- The famous King Henry the Navigator was a known Grand Master of the Order.
- The house dates back two hundred years and was built by the local Grand Master of the Freemasons.
- He then orders the Grand Master to leave with his Templars.
Definition of grand master in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia