Definition of granolithic in English:
1(Of concrete) containing fine granite chippings or crushed granite, used to render floors and surfaces.
- The model proper is made in granolithic concrete directly in the mould.
- Classified index to advertisements, from granolithic paving manufacturers to monumental masons.
- This eliminated the need for a granolithic layer and could be used to repair existing floors.
1.1(Of a floor or surface) rendered with granolithic concrete.
- Floors may be either granolithic or concrete finished with quarry tiles or terracotta and laid with non-slip tracks.
- From the main entrance, winding its way across the park to Pleasant Street is a granolithic flagged walk eight feet wide and sixteen hundred feet long.
- A large and expensively fitted skating rink is being erected by a leading architect, with granolithic floors and every modern improvement.
nounBack to top
Definition of granolithic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan