1(Of concrete) containing fine granite chippings or crushed granite, used to render floors and surfaces.
- The model proper is made in granolithic concrete directly in the mould.
- Classified index to advertisements, from granolithic paving manufacturers to monumental masons.
- This eliminated the need for a granolithic layer and could be used to repair existing floors.
1.1(Of a floor or surface) rendered with granolithic concrete.
- Floors may be either granolithic or concrete finished with quarry tiles or terracotta and laid with non-slip tracks.
- From the main entrance, winding its way across the park to Pleasant Street is a granolithic flagged walk eight feet wide and sixteen hundred feet long.
- A large and expensively fitted skating rink is being erected by a leading architect, with granolithic floors and every modern improvement.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of granolithic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.