noun (plural same)
- 1A large, round, yellow citrus fruit with an acid, juicy pulp.More example sentences
- In a bowl, combine the grapefruit, blood orange, lemon, lime, and tangerine segments.
- Like grapefruit, bitter orange can boost blood levels of many medications and increase the risk of side effects.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
- 2The tree bearing the grapefruit.
More example sentences
- Citrus paradisi, family Rutaceae
- Mark called in about black mould on his grapefruit tree and fruit.
- The grapefruit tree produced 19 fruits last year.
- When his group planted Florida-derived rootstock of Star Ruby grapefruit in Texas, the fruit produced some 50 percent more of this carotenoid than it had in Florida.
More definitions of grapefruitDefinition of grapefruit in:
- The British & World English dictionary