- Ammunition consisting of a number of small iron balls fired together from a cannon.More example sentences
- The latter succeeded, but the main attack failed as Jackson's artillery fired grapeshot and canister shot into the advancing British line.
- Closer in, guns fired grapeshot - bunches of shot about the size of snooker balls - and then case-shot - a tin container filled with musket balls.
- From the left side of the column the entire forest opened up in fire and smoke, six pound cannons pouring grapeshot into the Loyalist ranks.
More definitions of grapeshotDefinition of grapeshot in:
- The British & World English dictionary