plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1The products of the graphic arts, especially commercial design or illustration.
- You will learn about writing and graphics and photographs and design, and why one type face is preferable to another and why this Web site is superior to that.
- He won an award at school when he was six and he really wants to go into design or graphics and cartoons.
- Glaser designed all of their graphics and posters for the year 2000.
2The use of diagrams in calculation and design.
- This visual language was based on a combination of charts, graphics, diagrams, maps.
- Superb design, excellent graphics and jargon-free text elucidate the details of this fascinating and controversial medical phenomenon.
- There are machines that design the page with graphics and photographs.
3 (also computer graphics) [treated as plural] Visual images produced by computer processing.
- This is RAM that is dedicated to handling the visuals and graphics on your notebook computer.
- The site itself will contain about 10-15 pages of HTML with a total of maybe 5MB of graphics and images.
- To increase the loading speed of your main page you should avoid large graphics or excessive graphics.
3.1 [treated as singular] The use of computers linked to display screens to generate and manipulate visual images.
- The font, the graphics, the screen capture images are top-notch publishing and desktop publishing reference works of art.
- Always resize your image in your graphics software before you insert it onto your web page.
- Computer games are an intricate blend of immersive graphics and creative gameplay programming.
Definition of graphics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.