Convert or be converted into graphite.
- However, the local occurrence of poorly graphitized carbonaceous material in amphibolite-facies rocks supports the idea that graphitization is not simply due to increasing temperature and pressure.
- Chromium is primarily added to offset the graphitizing effects of nickel and silicon in types A, B, and C alloys, ranges from 1.4 to 3.5%. Chromium content must be increased with increasing section size.
- Chromium is included in these alloys, at levels from 1.4 to 4% to ensure that the irons will solidify with carbides to counteract the graphitizing effect of nickel.
- Example sentences
- The second step consists of holding at 900 to 970°C; this step is called first-stage graphitization.
- This may be the case for the sedimentary carbonaceous material identified at Macraes, which shows a greater degree of graphitization than would be predicted for the local metamorphic grade.
- The drop in hardness accompanying secondary graphitization produces a corresponding reduction in tensile and fatigue strength as well.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of graphitize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.