Definition of graphitize in English:
Convert or be converted into graphite.
- However, the local occurrence of poorly graphitized carbonaceous material in amphibolite-facies rocks supports the idea that graphitization is not simply due to increasing temperature and pressure.
- Chromium is primarily added to offset the graphitizing effects of nickel and silicon in types A, B, and C alloys, ranges from 1.4 to 3.5%. Chromium content must be increased with increasing section size.
- Chromium is included in these alloys, at levels from 1.4 to 4% to ensure that the irons will solidify with carbides to counteract the graphitizing effect of nickel.
- Example sentences
- The second step consists of holding at 900 to 970°C; this step is called first-stage graphitization.
- This may be the case for the sedimentary carbonaceous material identified at Macraes, which shows a greater degree of graphitization than would be predicted for the local metamorphic grade.
- The drop in hardness accompanying secondary graphitization produces a corresponding reduction in tensile and fatigue strength as well.
Definition of graphitize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India