- A brandy distilled from the fermented residue of grapes after they have been pressed in winemaking.More example sentences
- Oregon pears, apples, cherries, raspberries, and grapes are transformed into grappas, brandy, and eau-de-vie.
- In Italy such brandies are called grappa, in Portugal bagaceira.
- Serve it at the end of a special meal instead of brandy or grappa.
Italian, literally 'grape stalk', of Germanic origin.
More definitions of grappaDefinition of grappa in:
- The British & World English dictionary