Definition of grass of Parnassus in English:
A herbaceous plant of north temperate regions that bears a solitary white flower.
- Genus Parnassia, family Saxifragaceae: several species, including P. glauca and P. palustris
- Grass of Parnassus is a late summer gem in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Both Old Fen and Middle Fen are dominated by a mix of saw sedge and black bog rush, with shows of grass of Parnassus in the calcium-rich spring flushes.
- A single stem leaf, located near the midpoint of the flowering stem, makes grass of Parnassus easy to identify.
Definition of grass of Parnassus in:
- British & World English dictionary