Definition of grass of Parnassus in English:
A herbaceous plant of north temperate regions that bears a solitary white flower.
- Genus Parnassia, family Saxifragaceae: several species, including P. glauca and P. palustris
- Grass of Parnassus is a late summer gem in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Both Old Fen and Middle Fen are dominated by a mix of saw sedge and black bog rush, with shows of grass of Parnassus in the calcium-rich spring flushes.
- A single stem leaf, located near the midpoint of the flowering stem, makes grass of Parnassus easy to identify.
Definition of grass of Parnassus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan