(also grass parakeet)
Definition of grass parrot in English:
A small parrot frequenting grassy country.
- Family Psittacidae: several genera, in particular Psephotus and Neophema
- The budgerigar, cockatiel, kakariki, princess parrot, regent, king parrot, grass parrot and smaller lorikeets make delightful pet birds, all capable of talking.
- Turquoisine Grass Parrot usually likes to live at the edges of woodlands besides the open grass pasturelands.
- The Orange-bellied Parrot is a small 'grass parrot' of coastal south-eastern Australia.
Definition of grass parrot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.