- A disease of livestock caused by magnesium deficiency, occurring especially when there is a change from indoor feeding to outdoor grazing.More example sentences
- Ensure that all milking cows are receiving enough magnesium and calcium in their diet to avoid grass tetany and milk fever.
- Cows soon to freshen or with calves should have access to a magnesium-containing mineral supplement to help prevent grass tetany on pasture in the spring.
- Cows will need supplements with magnesium to prevent grass tetany particularly if the weather is cold and wet.
More definitions of grass tetanyDefinition of grass tetany in:
- The British & World English dictionary