- A mainly carnivorous North American mouse with a stout body, gray or brownish fur, and a short white-tipped tail.
More example sentences
- Genus Onychomys, family Muridae: three species
- The fox trots off to continue its hunt for a kangaroo rat, a grasshopper mouse, or, if nothing else, an insect.
- The remaining taxa are Blarina brevicauda (the northern short-tailed shrew) and Onychomys leucogaster (the northern grasshopper mouse).
- But another animal is often stirring: the grasshopper mouse.