- A hypothetical quantum of gravitational energy, regarded as a particle.More example sentences
- Both represent the quantized field of a fundamental force: photons the electromagnetic field and gravitons the gravitational field.
- But the black hole will eventually evaporate, leaving only photons, gravitons and other elementary particles as products of the decay.
- These waves are literally gravitons - the hypothetical particles that carry the gravitational force - that have been stretched to macroscopic lengths by the cosmic expansion.
More definitions of gravitonDefinition of graviton in:
- The British & World English dictionary