Definition of gravity feed in English:
A supply system making use of gravity to maintain the flow of material.
- Seepage of groundwater into the shaft from the shaft penetrations is currently collected by a system of gravity feed lines into sumps and tanks at mine level and subsequently pumped to the ground surface for disposal.
- Fluid can be supplied to the applicator by pump, pressure tank, or gravity feed.
- The house had to be lifted to accommodate a gravity feed for a sewer hookup from the basement.
- Example sentences
- This is the largest gravity-fed and unfiltered water supply system in the world.
- The units use less water and provide a cleaner flush than most gravity-fed models.
- Villagers claim the problem only came about after their water supply was altered last year from a gravity-fed reservoir on Campden Hill to an electric pumping station.
Definition of gravity feed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan