- another term for éminence grise.More example sentences
- So it's entirely plausible that Martin was isolated out of the real, real loop by the grey eminences close to the prime minister.
- It was a clear sign that even though he himself will not serve in this government, he remains the grey eminence behind it - perhaps even the puppet-master.
- The grey eminence behind the Restoration was nevertheless a civilian politician, Antonio Cánovas del Castillo.
More definitions of gray eminenceDefinition of gray eminence in:
- The British & World English dictionary