Definition of gray kangaroo in English:
A large forest-dwelling kangaroo native to Australia.
- Genus Macropus, family Macropodidae: the eastern M. giganteus (also called forester), with silvery-gray fur, and the western M. fuliginosus, with brownish fur
- Eastern grey kangaroos breed throughout the year with the peak births being in summer.
- The eastern grey kangaroo spends most of the day resting under a shady tree, only moving out to feed from dusk to dawn.
- If necessary, the grey kangaroo can travel fast, bounding along using only the two hindfeet with the tail held almost horizontally for balance.
Definition of gray kangaroo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia