- A large forest-dwelling kangaroo native to Australia.
More example sentences
- Genus Macropus, family Macropodidae: the eastern M. giganteus (also called forester), with silvery-gray fur, and the western M. fuliginosus, with brownish fur
- Eastern grey kangaroos breed throughout the year with the peak births being in summer.
- The eastern grey kangaroo spends most of the day resting under a shady tree, only moving out to feed from dusk to dawn.
- If necessary, the grey kangaroo can travel fast, bounding along using only the two hindfeet with the tail held almost horizontally for balance.
More definitions of gray kangarooDefinition of gray kangaroo in:
- The British & World English dictionary