Definition of gray kangaroo in English:
A large forest-dwelling kangaroo native to Australia.
- Genus Macropus, family Macropodidae: the eastern M. giganteus (also called forester), with silvery-gray fur, and the western M. fuliginosus, with brownish fur
- Eastern grey kangaroos breed throughout the year with the peak births being in summer.
- The eastern grey kangaroo spends most of the day resting under a shady tree, only moving out to feed from dusk to dawn.
- If necessary, the grey kangaroo can travel fast, bounding along using only the two hindfeet with the tail held almost horizontally for balance.
Definition of gray kangaroo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.