(also African gray parrot)
- A parrot of western equatorial Africa, with gray plumage and a red tail, widely kept as a pet for its mimicking abilities.
More example sentences
- Psittacus erithacus, family Psittacidae
- Vancouverite Michelle Blaney takes in unwanted parrots, currently caring for four macaws, an African grey parrot and a cockatiel.
- Twenty five years of research has shown that grey parrots have cognitive intelligence equal to a 6.5 year old child and communication skills equal to a 2 + year old child.
- In the last few years, though, the MIT professor Irene Pepperberg has been conducting some rather amazing experiments with her pet grey parrots.
More definitions of gray parrotDefinition of gray parrot in:
- The British & World English dictionary