Definition of gray seal in English:
A large seal with a spotted, grayish coat and a convex profile, found commonly in the North Atlantic. Also called Atlantic seal.
- Halichoerus grypus, family Phocidae
- Harbor and gray seals are fairly common around the Iles de la Madeleine and can be easily spotted in their natural habitat.
- The order, which came into effect on September 4, extended bans on killing either common or harbour seals in waters around Scotland, and grey seals in the Moray Firth.
- In UK waters common and grey seals can be found around much of the coastline, often in colonies numbering thousands.
Definition of gray seal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan