Definition of gray squirrel in English:
An American tree squirrel with mainly gray fur.
- Genus Sciurus, family Sciuridae: four species, in particular Sciurus carolinensis, native to eastern North America and introduced to Britain and elsewhere
- Animals co-habiting in the woods include field mice, grey squirrels, hedgehogs and three roe deer.
- A hungry gray squirrel will also raid a bird's nest for eggs, steal food from bird feeders and dig up plants.
- Under natural conditions, grey squirrels are most abundant in hardwood or mixed hardwood and pine forests.
Definition of gray squirrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.