Definition of gray whale in English:
A mottled gray baleen whale that typically has heavy encrustations of barnacles on the skin, commonly seen in coastal waters of the northeastern Pacific.
- Eschrichtius robustus, the only member of the family Eschrichtiidae
- On these tours you can see dolphins, sperm whales, grey whales, and more depending on the time of year.
- Every few years, gray whales and blue whales wash ashore on the California coast.
- We experienced some difficulty identifying whale species during the count, especially differentiating between bowhead and gray whales.
Definition of gray whale in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia