- A large owl found throughout North and South America, with hornlike ear tufts.
More example sentences
- Bubo virginianus, family Strigidae
- Most great horned owls are brown and white which helps when hiding in trees and branches.
- The great horned owl is probably best known for the large tufts of feathers on its head that look like horns.
- The great horned owl likes open areas the best or sometimes nesting areas close to the edge of the forest.
More definitions of great horned owlDefinition of great horned owl in:
- The British & World English dictionary