1A member of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Other faiths include Judaism, Greek Catholic, and Orthodox.
- The top three sects on the Christian sign, the Maronite Catholics with 34 reserved seats, the Greek Orthodox followed by it Greek Catholics.
- It is home to Roman Catholics, Greek Orthodox and Greek Catholics where, in a rare case of ecumenical co-operation, three priests work closely together.
2A Uniate member of a church observing the Greek rite.
- There are smaller numbers of Greek Catholics, Roman Catholics, and Protestants.
- The same thing is true in Ukraine. These people, the Greek Catholics, have been in the Catholic church since 1596, and want to remain there.
- The Uniates or Greek Catholics of the Ukraine, who acknowledged the supremacy of Rome, were dragged back to Orthodoxy in a campaign of 1827-39.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: Greek Cath·o·lic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.