the green-eyed monster
- Jealousy personified.[from Shakespeare's Othello ( iii. iii. 166)]Example sentences
- A staggeringly beautiful face, a body to die for, highly successful and brains to boot - the green-eyed monster in all of us would almost wish her personality to be something less - but it's not!
- However, I have to admit that the green-eyed monster sometimes rears its head when I compare my puny attempts with those of your experts.
- He realises that it's another attack of the green-eyed monster.
Definition of green-eyed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan