the green-eyed monster
- Jealousy personified.[From Shakespeare's Othello ( iii. iii. 166)]Example sentences
- A staggeringly beautiful face, a body to die for, highly successful and brains to boot - the green-eyed monster in all of us would almost wish her personality to be something less - but it's not!
- However, I have to admit that the green-eyed monster sometimes rears its head when I compare my puny attempts with those of your experts.
- He realises that it's another attack of the green-eyed monster.
Definition of green-eyed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.