noun(the green-eyed monster)
- Jealousy personified.More example sentences
- A staggeringly beautiful face, a body to die for, highly successful and brains to boot - the green-eyed monster in all of us would almost wish her personality to be something less - but it's not!
- However, I have to admit that the green-eyed monster sometimes rears its head when I compare my puny attempts with those of your experts.
- He realises that it's another attack of the green-eyed monster.
from Shakespeare's Othello ( iii. 3. 166).
More definitions of green-eyed monsterDefinition of green-eyed monster in:
- The British & World English dictionary